Help please! MacBook pro won't turn on...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by psychotropic, Apr 19, 2011.

1. psychotropic macrumors regular

I have an older MacBook pro, the one that is all aluminum. I closed the screen last night after working on a huge report. This morning, I went to finish my report and the screen will not turn on. I removed the battery and hit the power button and it seems to start to boot up and then does nothing else. Is my computer dead? If so, how do I get that file or am I completely screwed?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. psychotropic thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your quick response. Before your post, I was totally in panic mode and my first thought was to post for help on here, rather than searching. I attempted each of your recommendations and nothing worked unfortunately. Because of the matters regarding this papers, specifically that it is due in two days and is a huge report, I purchased a new macbook pro and a HD case. I was able to access all of my files from the HD and this totally saved me. Again, I am grateful to you and the many other tech savy members that are willing to help people like me.

4. simsaladimbamba

At least you had the finances to get a new computer. Good time with your papers.