Help Please: Music/video erased when syncing ebooks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UCLAKoolman, Aug 1, 2010.

1. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

This happened to both mine and my girlfriend's iPhones when I plugged them into my computer last night (We both use the same itunes store account and sync to this computer normally): Somehow the "Manually manage music and video" option is unchecking itself when all I was trying to do was sync some ebooks. When the iPhone syncs it then removes all media from my device and I have to take the time to reload everything again (I assume there is no "undo" for this right?).

Can anyone help me with an explanation of why my phone would decide to uncheck the manual management of music and video?

2. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

That doesn't make sense. Even if you sync with another computer/library, it will ask you if you want to erase and sync.

3. UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know it doesn't make sense. Found this discussion on apple's support with the same problem: http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2504518&tstart=45

The second post in that thread is describing the same thing I encountered

Edit: I'm not feeling like testing this again because I just reloaded all my music, but it appears that if you check the box to sync your books and apply the settings it may change the manually manage music settings and thus erase the media when applying