Help please, new to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by RMKC, Jul 7, 2009.

1. RMKC macrumors newbie

I am so lost guys... as i am new to the Macworld. Just bought the new 15 inch Macbook Pro with the 24 inch Apple display...i have 2 things i cant figure out
    1: when i transferred my photos and allot of graphics (gif files)from a external hardrive , into iphoto, well none of them showing animation...so i copied everything to Aperture , still nothing...is there a program that i am missing ?

2: Need an animator program, i ran Photoshop Elements with Animationshop3 on my Window machine and do ok, what can i run with Elements that works ? Or should i just bear and grin and spend all that money on Photoshop CS4, had the trial version on my windows machine, but didn spend allot of time on it as i was lost..
    Thank you so much in advance...very frustrated !

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I'm not 100% sure on your second question, but as for your first, the only native way to open a gif file and retain the animation on a Mac is to open the file in Safari. Any third party web browser will do, but preview and iPhoto have never been able to display gif animation.

3. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

regarding question 2...

Photoshop CS3 and 4 has a very simple, yet useful animation time line. Not sure how robust it needs to be for you though. That's an awful lot of money to spend just to do animations. I'm sure there are some other free/shareware programs out there or even pay applications that are targeted more for your purposes.