Help please on vaca!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blaker13, Jun 27, 2009.

1. blaker13 macrumors member

Hey guys I'm on vaca in Maine.... I switched to the 4.0 carrier to do mms and stuff ... Works on day then will not. Noe I h e all five bars and only edge.... No three g at all and my maps is all messed with the compass... Wondering if the is any way revert back to 5.0 from my phone? I have no computer with me? Anyone else have the problems with 4.0 carrier file! Help please.. I need maps and service because I'm on vaca!!!

2. PhxBlue macrumors regular

PhxBlue

3. stewartws, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  4. aristotle macrumors 68000

aristotle

5. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Agreed. The only other thing I can think of is to try a hard reset (hold home button and sleep/wake button down at the same time.

6. iSwitchd macrumors member

find a lounge, cafe, or library and get on a computer, download necessary files, install, then delete software on computer, enjoy vacation.

or just buy a map at a gas station like a normal human. :D

7. megapopular macrumors 6502a

try going to general, settings, reset, reset networking settings. Sometimes this will clear these types of problems that you're having. Best luck!

8. The General macrumors 601

There is very little 3G in Maine. Unless you're in the Portland area, you won't have 3G.

Attached Files:

9. megapopular macrumors 6502a

try going to general, settings, reset, reset networking settings. Sometimes this will clear these types of problems that you're having. Best luck!

10. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

11. blaker13 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks guys for the info... Of coarse I have a map but I want my 3gs to do what it's suppose too... I did hear service sucked up here... Kinda like AT&T not having mms like It promised... Even though we can hack it to work they tell us it's impossible.... Noe all we need is some actual summer weather...lol