help please: pictures missing from iphoto...?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by distantgalaxy, May 14, 2011.

1. distantgalaxy macrumors newbie

my friend gave me a cd with pictures, i uploaded the cd onto my mac and then clicked to open the pictures after transferring the file on the cd to my desktop. the pictures he'd put on there opened up on iphoto...but now every time i open iphoto those are the only pictures on there, all of my albums are missing....how do i get them back?!?!?

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you looked for multiple iPhoto Library files in Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Photos / iPhoto / ?

3. BCurry1 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hold down the option key and click
    iPhoto. It will give you a choice of libraries to open. Most likely
    The new pics were put into a new library. This happened last night to a girl at my work. We just opened the original library and reimported the new pics.

4. distantgalaxy thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you both so much, just avoided a major heart attack!

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Hold down the Option key when starting iPhoto. You'll be presented with a dialog box to Choose Photo Library, click the Choose Library... button and navigate to your User folder, to the Pictures folder and select iPhoto Library, click the Open button. That should get you back to your original iPhoto Library.