Help please read in regard to the new update coming

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by tycsteel, Nov 6, 2007.

1. tycsteel macrumors newbie

so i have a jailbroken ipod touch. and i have leopard and i had an itunes update today which i didnt install but im hearing rumors that on friday they will make it impossiable to restore my jailbroke ipod back to regular settings? is this true and what should i do about it?

2. phoenix.stu macrumors member

There is nothing wrong with installing the iTunes 7.5 update. I just did it last night and there is nothing about the ipod touch in this update.

Please take the time to read the posts. I guarantee that if you would read all the way to the bottom of the thread list you will find the answer to your problem. There are many threads on this topic already. I mean come on, I just checked and just 11 posts below yours you will find the answer that you are looking for. Man you are lazy.

3. tycsteel thread starter macrumors newbie

i read a lot of them and i couldnt find a for sure answer there were a lot of other answers but not one to mine
    can u give me a link to one?

4. phoenix.stu macrumors member

Ok, look.

When the update comes out, your computer will ask you do you want to install the ipod update. Just say no. It is that simple. Then wait and read the forums to see what effect the update has done for others. Others will try it so that they can make it compatible for others in the future.
    If you want to be extra safe...
    On your Mac, go into System Preferences and click on the Software Update and inside there make sure that you have the Download important updates automatically feature disabled.
    In other words, make sure that box is UNchecked

That is the best that I can do. The rest you will just have to wait and see like everybody else.

Also, you might want to be safe and go follow these directions.

5. tycsteel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much the sums it up pretty well for me
    but they arnt going to get rid of the restore feature are they? like if i want to get back to regular ipod touch will i still be able to do that automaticly?