Help please reassembling unibody macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jmccnz, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jmccnz macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I recently dropped my 13" Unibody Macbook and sent it away under my insurance but while they paid only some of the replacement cost, they sent it back to me in worse condition that it left in, and after a 5 week delay.

I didnt want to bother with another 5 weeks of waiting just to fix this problem - they had not replaced the black plastic hinge cover the right way up - so I unscrewed the casing and pulled it off intending to turn it around but I cannot seem to make it fit...? Also, the airport card which I have discovered is under this is no longer recognized by the computer, but I read this can be fixed by unplugging/replugging the card??

Basically just a tutorial or video of replacing the black plastic cover would be much apprectiated! :) Thanks in advance.

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Haha I love the thread title.

Now why didn't you just take it to the genius bar asap!

Anyways iFixit is usually good for this stuff
    http://www.ifixit.com/Guide

-Omi

3. jmccnz thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha we don't have genius bars in New Zealand. :) Like I say, the repair center they were sending it to didnt know a thing about how to reassemble it and took 5 weeks for a basic quotation...

4. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

o_O

I would absolutely die there. I have a rule that my macs can't be repaired by anyone but apple untill they reach 2-3 years of age.

I guess your best to go with ifixit.

-Omi

5. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka