Help Please!! (reboot message on startup)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Whizzy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Whizzy macrumors newbie

Every time i turn on my Macbook an error message appears telling me to re-start my machine. however when restart it, the message appears every time! it seems to only be on my user, when signing into the admin user it runs fine!! obviously i want to get on my own user as all my files are there. any suggestions?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

When exactly does the message appear? Turning your Mac on differs from logging in and I assume you mean, if you log into your user account, you get the Kernel Panic message.

[​IMG]
    from About "You need to restart your computer" (kernel panic) messages

What specific Mac and Mac OS X version do you have? Do you have an external HDD to which you could copy all your data onto?

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)
    To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Does this message fade the display and tell you to restart your machine in a few different languages?

This is called the Kernal Panic, similar to the Blue Screen of Death on windows and it can be one of the worst errors you can get on your mac!

Now since it only happens on one user account, my theory is you might have some VERY dodgy software opening at login on that other account. Check the login items in the Accounts preference for that user.

Omi

4. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

This, have you installed anything new on your user account lately? If you have go in through the admin account and get rid of it.