Help please (renamed home folder)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by johnrc516, Jul 21, 2007.

1. johnrc516 macrumors newbie

So i logged out for some reason and got the login screen and all. I mistyped my password like 4 or 5 times and when i logged back in everything was messed up. Everything went back to like it was when i first turned it on a few weeks ago. The files are still there but my preferences were all messed up and i have to setup all my stuff again like adium. My itunes music isn't in my library but the files are still there and i can't seem to add them back into the library because it doesn't show them in the itunes music folder when i try to add them. But it does show them in the finder. Even my calendar is all blank which sucks because i added all kinds of stuff in there. Can someone please help me out on this?? Is there an easy way to get it back to normal without going through and setting up everything again? Thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Let me guess, did you happen to change the name of your home folder? That is, did you change the name next to the house icon on the left hand side of the finder window?

Edit: If that's what you did, see this thread on how to fix it http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=274450

3. johnrc516 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man, that was really dumb of me haha. They should really warn you about that though but oh well. Thanks again