Help Please! Unauthorized App Purchases / Compromised Apple ID

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by NotAdvisable, Dec 3, 2011.

1. NotAdvisable, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011

NotAdvisable macrumors regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    G'day everyone!

Late last night, I received an email from Apple saying that a purchase went through on an unauthorized computer with my Apple ID.
    Shocked, I quickly went into iTunes to see all my Store Credit (around $20AUD) had been spent and my credit card details where removed off my account.
    The purchase comprised of a free non-English application, and then four in-app purchases totalling $18.96AUD.
    Purchase History Image:

After changing my password every few months for years now, I am amazed that someone has gained access to my account.
    Plus, not to mention I have no clue if they have access to my credit card details; they have been removed off the account.

I have emailed Apple, but I have no utter clue on what I can do.
    If you have any infomation that can help me, please respond; im desperate.

Also, to moderators I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section; I truly don't know where to put it. Thank you.
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
  3. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    Phone Apple Support Too

Let them know, They can lock the compromised account.
  4. NotAdvisable thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    @miles01110 Yes I had a 'strong' password in the first place with a capital letter and also numbers. I have now changed my password to something even stronger.

@Macman45 I have used the Express Lane support with Apple, but seeing all the other people who have been in this situation it might be a few days.

Thanks guys.