Help please...unresponsive Lacie Thunderbolt SSD after old Mac Pro???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RJSAudio, Dec 10, 2014.

1. RJSAudio macrumors newbie

In a very unfortunate bind and looking for some help. I went to a recording studio this morning to grab files off of an old Mac Pro. I plugged my hard drive (Lacie Rugged 256GB SSD w/ Thunderbolt & USB 3.0) into a USB 2.0 extension cable they had setup and it didn't connect - just never showed up on the desktop.

I then tried to plug the drive in via both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 to my iMac and MacBook Pro (with different cables), and the drive is completely unresponsive, other than the light on the drive still lighting up upon connecting.

I'm not sure if the old Mac Pro from the studio is related, but the drive was working moments before I used that computer so it seems suspicious.

I've tried plugging in the drive on OS X 10.9.5, 10.10.1, and 10.8. It doesn't show up on the desktop or in Disk Utility. Can't find a trace of it.

Any ideas? Was scheduled to spend the whole day working on a project on this drive. :( Also looking for suggestions on someone in Los Angeles I could take this to to look at for me.

2. cycledance Suspended

plug it in and open disk utility. maybe you can see the disk there somehow and mount it or repair it. dont erase it of course.

3. RJSAudio thread starter macrumors newbie

The drive shows up under Disk Utility, but not the directory...