Help please What to do Need advice

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by philipt42, Sep 8, 2009.

1. philipt42 macrumors 6502

philipt42

How long did it take you to reach 250 posts?

Maybe i'm just a little slow, but it seems like an awful lot!

2. AngryApple macrumors 6502

It's quality not quantity. I've been here for uhh.. I think since December (?) and I haven't reached 250 posts. I don't post that much either, though. I usually don't have anything useful to add to a thread. :rolleyes:

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Took me like a month.

But then again, I'm probably like one of the very few that has over 3,000 posts in a year :p.

This site=An Addiction.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Also, if you are trying to get access to the Marketplace, you need to be a member for six months as well.

5. philipt42 thread starter macrumors 6502

philipt42

I know what you mean! It's just that I also want to be able to view / post in the marketplace or science and religion, but I don't want to uselessly raise my post count.:D

By the way, the useless title of the thread is a joke, not a failure to read the rules!

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

It probably took me close to 2 years, but for the longest time I didn't know the forums really existed (I saw the link up top, but never clicked). I only hung out on the front page and MacBytes. Now I'm nearing 5000 posts (though those idle first years hindered my average posts per day). I hang in the web design forum the most as that's something I enjoy discussing and helping others on. There's a number of topics in the forums, find one that interests you and you'll likely find you have more to contribute.

7. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

^^ Yes that really messed up my posts per day too. I don't even have 2.0 yet with most days I have 5-10 with a record of 30 per day

Like less than 3 months, I got active this year and have lots of posts (1,600+ last check) though. All of those were this year except maybe 5-10 or so. 500 is easy to get to for me, it takes less than 6 months to do. Maybe I will get to 2000 by the end of my first active year

Just find a few sections of this forum you like and stay there. Then you will make lots of posts quickly without spamming. Use the forum exclusions in forum spy if you use forum spy. (I don't accually)