Help please Which laptop should i take on holiday

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by APM Pixel, Jul 22, 2012.

1. APM Pixel macrumors newbie

guys i would really appreciate it if you could tell me which laptop of mine would be better to take on holiday. I'll be going to spain for 4 weeks and i need to practise using CAD software (3ds max, rhino, maya ect) for uni for when i get back (2nd year architecture). i will also need to practise some rendering as well using vray and keyshot

the 2 i have are a mid 2011 macbook air 11inch i7
    and a mid 2010 macbook pro 15inch i7

taking the pro would be a no brainer because of the power however its heavy unlike the air, could the air handle the stuff

thank you

APM Pixel (Anthony Miller)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I would take the MBP myself
    The added power would offset the weight IMO
    Also, the added screen real estate would be a big plus for what you are doing

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I would personally say take the air...but there is no way you are going to properly run any autodesk applications on it. So, if you are going to leave it in a safe at the hotel, take the pro. If you are going to lug it around everywhere...sounds like the air is the way to go.

The other option is. If you have a desktop, or a place that the MBP can be always on, you could install something like Splashtop Remote on it, then take the air and use the more powerful computer remotely.

4. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

5. Dviper27 macrumors member