help please! wifi questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xradicaljetx, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Xradicaljetx macrumors newbie

in the ipod touch the 2nd gen does it automatically connect to a wireless access point (wi-fi) or do you have to connect to it manually by going into settings. And can you connect to a wireless router without knowing the wep key or do you have to type it in. thanks please respond :):D

2. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

1. If theres not a known network that you have connected too manually before, the touch will automaticially connect. If there is not a known access point, the touch will give you a little popup dialog box to select networks if you try to use a feature or program which requires internet access.

2. Again, if you have already connected to it with the WEP code once before. But if you never have, it will not connect automatially. These codes LAST in your touch. Mine has gone through countless restores and jailbreaks and it has kept those codes, including the one to my cousins wireless network from november of two years ago, when i bought it. Even through the white scrolls of death!:eek:

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You had an iPod touch before the iPhone, let alone the iPod itself, was announced?

...Interesting... :p

4. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

oops! Sorry that was last november.

5. Xradicaljetx thread starter macrumors newbie