Help please with Backgrounder - specifically w/ Justin.tv

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ScrappyDoo80, Oct 27, 2010.

1. ScrappyDoo80 macrumors member

Hi all,

I have an iPhone 3GS 32GB running 4.0.1 jailbroken with Jailbreakme (Have previously used Blackra1n and then Spirit, both times had issues and had to restore etc. and wound up losing jailbreak, but smooth as ice sailing since Jailbreakme)

Anyway I am not sure if it was the upgrade to 4.0+ software or Backgrounder itself but I cannot get it to work the way it used to, I am thinking it has something to do with the Native background multitasking vs. Backgrounder... Specifically I use Justin.tv a lot, I don't have a TV in my room and learned about JTV years ago and it became a God-send for my Laptop in my bedroom specifically in bed. Then I finally finally got a JTV app this April? was it? and everything was great.

I USED to be able to load the app, and then activate backgrounder, and go do other things and I could LISTEN to whatever I was watching, then when I wanted I could go back to the JTV app and continue watching right where it left off. It may sound silly but it's useful and enjoyable for me and it allows me to say "watch" a TV show/movie and listen to the audio and then go browse the web and read forums like this one.

Anyway ever since the upgrade I cannot simply cannot get it to work nor figure out how to tweak it... it "activates" the Backgrounder and then the badge shows up on the icon on my homescreen but it doesn't keep playing or working. I have tried several different ways to tweak it, no luck... Could anyone tell me what to do? Thanks much as always much appreciated.

2. ScrappyDoo80 thread starter macrumors member

3. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

4. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

5. ScrappyDoo80 thread starter macrumors member

Truth is I am constantly trying ne combinations and permutations cause I've not been able to get it working , was really hoping someone smarter than me knew What settings to use

6. ScrappyDoo80 thread starter macrumors member

my kingdom for some backgrounder help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if not for me do it for my puppeh he is very snuggly!

7. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Backgrounder > Overrides> Create one for Justin.tv and instead of native have it set to Backgrounder. That should do it. Let me know how that works for you.