Help Please with Mac Leopard Mail Issue POP Accts also no Junk Folder

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gunlocators, Nov 16, 2008.

1. gunlocators macrumors member

Ok being a iPhone user since day 1 of gen 1 and Massive issue with 4 Vista laptops donated now to my kids I decided to get a MacBook. First would not save airport settings after restart so I took it back said it has a OS issue so i got another but the 2.4 version macbook. I am not sure what I have done different but there is a few Mail issues I am having and need to get resolved. A little background I am using pop accounts and have 5-6 emails for business and personal use. I host these my self so I can use my own domain names from a dedicted server in a datacenter I lease. So I use my own mail servers like mail.mydomainname.com for example.

Ok Issue
    1. I have loaded my emails and it will check the mail and send ok but it always ask mail can not verify Idenity. I has a button to view certificate I and I select always trust and next time I close and open mail it ask again. I am sure its a setting I have screwed up. This is just irritating

Issue
    2. My first macbook created a junk mail folder and this did not its throwing ALL my jusn in the corresponding mail box marking it thinks its junk but ni Junk folder to send it ti any detail help to get that set is appreciated.

Lastly if I decide to delete an mail account how do I do that?

Any help for this newbie is greatly appreciated

2. gunlocators thread starter macrumors member

3. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Ok, as this is the easiest: With Mail started, click on the top left of your screen where it says "Mail", and come down to Preferences. Goto Accounts, and you should see a list of your mail accounts on the left. Highlight the one you want to delete, and then click on the "-" symbol underneath, this will remove this mail account from your computer.

Hmm, not sure about this one. What you could do, is goto your home Directory (picture of the house from Finder) and then goto home/Library/Preferences, and drag the com.mail.preferences file to the desktop. Reboot, and when you start mail, its like starting it the first time you boot up your Mac. When you drag out the pref file, make sure Mail is not running.

Whut???

4. gunlocators thread starter macrumors member

the last question in reference was once mail is downloaded to mail boxes junk mail is showing in my regular mail boxes. I would like a dedicated junk folder if mail senses as junk it places it there. Hope that makes sense..

5. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Ah, ok!

I don't have my Mac with me at the moment, but it should be pretty straight forward. When I get back home tonight after work, I'll have a look at it, and post on my findings

6. gunlocators thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so far I installed Parallels 4.0 for my must have windows programs but just love this OS very fast ans stable. My biggest deal is to get this setup mail wise as close as I had in outlook so it somewhat feels familiar to use. Also do you have any deas adding folders like for drafts ect

Thanks So much in advance