Help please with reset

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Wagwaan, May 19, 2014.

1. Wagwaan macrumors newbie

Hi I just had my iohine unlocked by a seller in the UK and he told me that to complete the process I would need to use reset all settings so I can receive a message from the apple server. Though I need to know what reset all settings will do and if it will delete my app data or mess with my apps in anyway as I have some apps registered with my uk phone number that have few hundred dollars worth of credit I'm them and I won't be able to verify them again as I'm not in the uk.

2. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

Did you just purchase the phone? If so, before you reset all settings, make sure that Find My iPhone is turned off in iCloud settings otherwise you could end up with a iBrick.
    If Find My iPhone is turned of, then go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content And Settings.

Ashley :)

3. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Isn't there a way to just reset the settings...? I don't have my iPad with me at the moment, so I can't check.

4. as11ley macrumors 6502

as11ley

These are the different options you have under Reset. Hope it helps.

Ashley

Attached Files:

5. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

Yeah, thanks. It looks like the OP is only wanting to reset the settings. You don't need to erase all of your media and stuff.

6. Wagwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

The seller only said in his post to reset settings and then I would receive a message from apple after connecting to itunes that my phone had been unlocked. All I want to know is if reset settings not the contents one will delete my app data or not. Also to answer your previous question I've had my iphone over a year and the ebay seller told me to keep find my iphone off.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Under normal circumstances resetting settings will only do just what is says--reset settings (and not anything else).

8. white4s macrumors 65816

reset settings does what it implies....resets settings

idk why people confuse it with reset all content & settings