HELP Please...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion11, Oct 19, 2011.

1. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I uploaded all my photos/videos I've taken with my iP4 to my new iP4s from my PC...now when I go into photos I have two different folders with the exact same pictures in both of them...I thought it had something to do with iCloud, so I deleted iCloud and it's still there...I'm not to crazy about iCloud I guess...I prefer syncing stuff to my phone ONLY when I choose to do so via my PC.

Can someone explain WHY I have two folders with the same photos and how to get rid of one of them...I going to try to resync and see if it removes one...

----------

One folder is the folder up uploaded from my PC called "PICS & VIDS" the other folder is "Photo library"

Why have two??

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

One is your photo library, which is your back up from your old iPhone and the other is the upload of those pics from your PC. iCloud has nothing to do with the problem you're experiencing. iCloud, with photo sync turned on, will take your camera roll and put it in the cloud to sync with whatever device you're using - iPad, Mac, iPod Touch.... Not a PC person but I'm guess it works with it and goes somewhere there.

3. brig2221 macrumors 6502

I have somewhat the same question. I do have photo sync turned on so it gets uploaded to the cloud. I too now have two folders in my photos, Camera Roll and Photo Stream.

So if I understand correctly, I can just delete my camera roll pictures after they have been synched to the cloud, as they will be in my photo stream folder.

I mean, if you don't delete your camera roll pictures, you are going to wind up with a ton of double photo's and videos over time right?

4. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

From the way I understand things, photos don't stay in the cloud forever. Only the last 30 days are kept there. In my situation, they sync with iPhoto on my Mac so I won't lose them. I don't delete photos off my camera roll unless I know I don't want them. Don't delete them off your camera roll unless you have a plan to pull them off the cloud.

5. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

Can you tell what are names of the 2 folders...?

Suppose you have 5 different folders on your comp which you sync with your phone... in your iphone gallery you will have 7 folders then... 1 camera roll... 5 being the folders that you synced with their respective photos & corresponding folder names from the comp... The 7th being ALL your synced photos from your comp in one folder with the name "all photos" or something similar... But since you have only 1 folder synced you feel its just a duplicate... :)

edit: And no they do not take double the space...