Help Please!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sicronis, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Sicronis, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011

Sicronis macrumors newbie

Okay guys so initially I installed windows / bootcamp and it didn't load wireless so I surfed the internet and every possible fix came up not working, so what i then proceeded to do is to follow something that i read on a different mac forum to wipe the bootcamp through Disk Utility so I erased it and it didn't do anything but make me wait 45 mins and I then realized that I should have done it through bootcamp assistant, now did I shoot myself in the foot? can i delete the partition? what do i do from here? I'm looking to start over and re-partition it and reinstall windows 7 and I'm new to macs guys my apologies and thank you so much for any possible help!

Oh and I now receive and error message saying "The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows."

Sincerely,
    Eric

P.S. I was gifted a new game I need to play! haha, Star Wars: The Old Republic

2. Sicronis thread starter macrumors newbie

3. simsaladimbamba

No need to bump, especially after 122 minutes. Most of the regular members are fast asleep, except that dude that always goes on my nerves.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

Can you still do the following somehow?

Maybe this almost click-by-click tutorial can help:
    Images are clickable, as they need to be in thumbnail size due to their width.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4=5, 5=6, 6=7
    [​IMG]

If not, can you expand the Mac OS X partition via Disk Utility?

4. Sicronis thread starter macrumors newbie

Well first of I'm sorry been trying to get this to work for a couple days now.. but regardless, i tried the steps above after i stupidly decided to listen to vague detail on what to do in Disk Utility.. However seconds ago i just removed it in entirety but now i pose a new problem, how do i recover the hard drive space that was previously partitioned?

sorry again and thanks for the response that was actually very quick

5. simsaladimbamba

Disk Utility - Add, Delete, and Resize Existing Volumes With Disk Utility