Help :) please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by billdonna, Feb 14, 2012.

1. billdonna macrumors newbie

I'm not exactly sure where to post this, but if anyone is familiar with my issue, i'd really appreciate help. Just updated to latest software...then....mac won't connect to wireless network. Other computers and devices do, but not this mac. When I go to another wireless network, it connects fine.

The wireless it won't connect to, it does read a wireless signal....but wont' connect...I'm perplexed.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

2. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

I take it your actual computer "mac" won't connect...you posted in the iPhone iOS section of the forum, never the less it will probably be moved to the appropriate section. Anyway back to your issue, I believe you updated your mac to OS X Lion? If so there have been many people complaining about them having issues with their wireless connectivity so your not the only one. I on the other hand didn't have that problem. Try calling apple or browsing the mac rumors forums for people with a similar issue.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

You will possibly receive more response to your post if, instead of vaguely entitling it "Help :) please" you give it a more descriptive one.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

What version of OSX do you have now?

What version of OSX did you have the last time everything was working?

Can you run ethernet to your Mac? I had wifi issues on my wife's Mac mini back on 10.7 and 10.7.1. Her connection was so bad, her Time Machine backups over the network got corrupted. I grew tired of troubleshooting it and simply ran ethernet to her machine because it turns out the closest ethernet wire I had was less than 10 feet away. I heard that 10.7.2 was supposed to fix wifi issues but I didn't care any more because the wired connection was more reliable.