Help please?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xjudyx, May 25, 2012.

1. xjudyx macrumors newbie

I found an iPhone 4s, think it was on contract and cancelled, in the top left hand corner where it should say o2 and battery signal it says 'no service' any ideas if I can get it back into service? Thanks.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Don't steal phones. No one would help you here. Did you even think to return the phone to its rightfull owner?

3. xjudyx thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Perhaps not, but based on what you have said, you may have committed theft.

Have a look at the Theft Act 1968, and hand the phone in at your local Police station. If it is truly abandoned (in the legal sense), you may then have claim to it.

5. macpants macrumors member

If the 'loser' has 'Find my iPhone' enabled and you turn it on - As soon as it hits a signal (which it might do - even if you have no signal at present) it will ping your location to them.

Hand it in and don't risk getting accused of something you haven't done - (YET !!)

6. xjudyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Will do the right thing and hand it in to cop station :(

7. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Well done. If the phone was registered when it was set up/activated, (and the cops do the right thing), the rightful owner can be traced.

I'm sure they'd be grateful to you :)

BTW - does it not have contacts in the phone that you can call? Like "Mom" or Mum as we say over here ;)

RTP.

8. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

Good move.