Help please

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MasterJeweler, Aug 26, 2012.

1. MasterJeweler macrumors newbie

I am a newbie to MacRumors, I have a 1st Generation iPad, does anyone know anything about getting ZBrush for an iPad? For those of you that don't know, ZBrush is a software for 3D animation and Design.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance I could get, Thanks.

Regards,

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

3. MasterJeweler thread starter macrumors newbie

Very helpfull

Thank you, let me ask you this, can I use an app called Air (something), to turn my iPad into an extra monitor from my Windows7 Laptop that has ZBrush on it and have it display on my iPad? Have you heard of this before?

4. MasterJeweler thread starter macrumors newbie

What is OSX?

Do you know what system the iPad 1st Gen is, I keep seeing 4.3.3; is that just an update?? Is iOS or iSO? The operating system??

Regards,

5. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

My original iPad is on iOS 5.1.1

6. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/air-display/id368158927?mt=8

might be it,

4.3.3 is most likely your os version. iOS not ISO.

7. MasterJeweler thread starter macrumors newbie

I certainly appreciate your help, this stuff is all new to this old man, that's trying to learn new tricks...lol

----------

Is 4.3.3 good or bad, is there a way to upgrade it, would the difference be worth it, if possible?

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

OSX is the operating system (software) for Apple computers (Macs).

iOS is the software that iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touches run on. Your iPad needs to be running on iOS 5. It's a free update.

I think it would behoove you to stop thinking of your iPad as an accessory or peripheral device or accessory and start thinking about it as a separate computer (just smaller and more amazing.)

9. MasterJeweler thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you know if I can take an iPad 4.3 and upgrade it to a 5.0? I am new at the iPad's, this is my first one...I really like it, but am not all that familiar with exactly what it can and can't do yet.

Basically what I want is a compact system like the iPad, so I don't have to lug around a laptop to the front of the store from my shop in the back to work with a customer and be able to show them photo's of designs in the making and one's I've already done...can you suggest anything to help me speed up this process, you suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

MJ,
    I'm giving you a link to Apple's support site for upgrading iPad software. I think all you need to do is plug in your iPad to your Mac/PC and open iTunes. You should be able to just follow the instructions from there.

Here's the link. Also, the link "Update your Device using iTunes" about halfway down the page may be of the most use to you initially (from 4 to 5). After your iPad's OS is updated to 5.0, all updates can be done sans computer. This can be seen in the same link as above.

Regarding your 2nd paragraph; it would help if you could be more specific. What exactly are you wanting to do/use your iPad for that you can't find a way to do right now?

-Will