iPhone Help please!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by imkelseyc, Mar 31, 2013.

1. imkelseyc macrumors newbie

Ive been scouring the internet for days, but to no avail. I've tried everything to restore my iphone. I bought a new iphone 4s off ebay and mistakenly erased all content and settings when it was jailbroken, yes I now realize that was a mistake. It did not brick it or anything actually, and it still starts up but now cydia won't open. When I tried to rejailbreak it, it says its semitethered and to use evasion untether package, but cydia doesn't work. It will flash and exit. I've tried tinyumbrella and redsnow, but nothing has worked. Any help would be amazing! I have shsh for 6.0.1 and 5.1.1, but it wouldn't restore because of the unsigned ipsws, any way around this? Is there a way to restore or would trying to reinstall cydia be best? Thanks again!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Since you have a 4S, restoring is not an option. Wow, you are one lucky fellow to not have put your device into an infinite loop. You could try reinstalling cydia. I don't know if there will be any bad consequences from doing that though

3. imkelseyc thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking if I managed to reinstall cydia,I could make it fully untethered...or I could unjailbreak and rejailbreak it through cydia.The only problem is I don't have ifile to install cydia again.

4. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

You could always download the cydia 1.1.8 .deb and ssh into your phone with ifunbox. tutorial here http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/06/16/manually-install-deb/

5. imkelseyc thread starter macrumors newbie

For some reason after I tried rebooting and respringing to install, it wouldn't do it. Thanks though. Any other ideas?

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

That's the only option you have considering you don't have iFile. I heard there was a way via mobileterminal but I don't know how that works. How do you know that it failed to install? Maybe it did successfully install but it was cydia itself that was causing the tethered and not being able to open cydia.

I don't think it's as simple as just reinstalling cydia. I think you deleted some core files when you press that button which makes your phone tethered now. Most people probably get the infinite boot loop because it deleted enough necessary core files for the device to not be able to boot up

I assume you want to keep your jailbreak? I know it's a rhetorical question but it doesn't hurt to ask

7. imkelseyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I definitely wanted to keep my jailbreak. Although, I just checked and the phone is still under warranty. It has a bad esn (I was going to unlock it) but I heard that apple will still cover it. The only question I have though is if the refurbished iphones come with 6.1.3, because if they do I'd scrap that idea.

8. TheMTtakeover macrumors 6502

TheMTtakeover

I went with my gf last night to the apple store so she could get a new iP5 because her lock button was going out and when they gave her another 5 (I assume a refurb) it was not on .3

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I think you still have some time to get one that's not 6.1.3. Of course, it all depends on chance