iPod touch Help! Please. :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Candii, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Candii macrumors newbie

Candii

Okay, so I have a Jailbroken iPod Touch 4g. It is running on iOS 5.0.1. But everything is all laggy now and I can't get certain apps that I want on the app store because they are for higher firmwares. Considering all this, I broke down and decided I would try to update, restore, and later re-jailbreak after I got tired of the normal 6.0.1. Basically starting over, turning over a new leaf, etc...
    But I have a problem. BIG problem.
    -I can't update my iPod to a custom firmware 6.0.1. iTunes keeps giving me an error code: 3194. It can't be my Hosts file. I've done everything I possibly can with it. iTunes continues to give me the error. (In the past, I had no problem doing this so I don't know why I do now.)
    -The home button on my iPod is broken. So I can't manually put it into DFU mode.
    -TinyUmbrella says that the TSS Server is NOT running and keeps telling me that the hosts file is not writable, but it is. :confused:

I'm not sure what the problem is. Please! I'm not getting a new iPod. I want to update! Help soon. :mad:

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Ok a few questions. Do you have any shsh blobs for your ipod saved on your pc/mac and are they verified? If you have blobs for ios 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 and want to restore to that version, then use redsn0w. Ios 6.x firmwares use sn0wbreeze. And set your host files to apple. It should work. Just idk how to put an ipod into dfu without a working home button.

3. Candii, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013

Candii thread starter macrumors newbie

Candii

Ehh...

TinyUmbrella saves my SHSH blobs to Cydia now. Something to do with I guess conflicts and changes Cydia has made. But I don't know if they were also saved onto my pc. I want to restore to 6.0.1 because I'd like to be at least sorta updated so I may get certain apps off the app store that require iOS 6 and higher.
    I have a little problem with my host file though, and I've looked everywhere on the internet, no solution. I'm really stuck and I don't understand why it can't be as simple as it used to be. xD

[Update] I've read on other articles that actually iOS 6 is more laggy than iOS 5. If that's true then I would likely need to just upgrade to a higher iOS 5 firmware. I think I have a SHSH blob from a friend of mine's ipod I tried jailbreaking a year ago. 5.1.1 I believe. Would that work on my iPod though? I'm sort of a noob when it comes to SHSH Blobs.

4. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

No it would not work. SHSH blobs are unique to each device. Their SHSH blobs would be useless to you.

5. Candii thread starter macrumors newbie

Candii

I figured so...Then I guess I must be screwed. Doomed to stay on the firmware I'm on forever. I don't have any higher SHSH blobs for my own iPod. If anything though, I'd be grateful enough to just clean restore my iPod like as if it was brand new--on the same firmware, clearing my jailbreak, and then update to the latest firmware or something. Cause I think I have SHSH blobs for this firmware somewhere, maybe I can restore and start over that way? Or would I get an error code 3194 on iTunes when updating?

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3194 is a host problem, edit the host file or use other computer, for windows a restart is needed to complete the host file edit.

If you have valid blobs you can re-restore to 5.01 with redsn0w and rejailbreak.

Going to 6.1.3 is easy, just connect and in itunes hit restore.

You can tether jailbreak the ipodtouch 4g with redsn0w on 6.1.3