Help please

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MinegagsSeed, Nov 29, 2015.

1. MinegagsSeed macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I've got a big problem!! btw sorry for my english :(
    Now I've got OS X Yosemite on my MacBook Pro 2011 end. And I got a lot of problems with it. So in the end it crashed and I decided to do an Internet Recovery(cmd opt r), but I haven't got OS X Lion (it requiers OS X Lion be purchased to do a recovery).
    If someone can and has got an account with it,please,share :)

Or if you know other ways to solve this problem,tell me.

Sorry for my english one more time.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

When Internet Recovery offers you Lion, that doesn't mean that you are required to purchase Lion.
    You already have Lion - your MacBook Pro came with Lion originally. That's the reason Lion is offered in Internet Recovery.
    If you are OK with Lion again, then just let it download.
    If you want some other system, like Yosemite, then you can just install that if you already have the installer.
    Or, you can download and install Lion, then download and install Yosemite from your App Store.
    You can also download some other OS X version, if you have previously purchased it, from the Purchased screen in your App Store.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You may have an early 2011 that came with Snow Leopard then a later firmware update was applied that allowed you to have Internet recovery with Lion, but to install Lion you will need to enter the AppleID that was used for the original Lion purchase. Later 2011 models came with Lion and this is not an issue.... but is sounds like you have an early 2011 if you are being asked for that AppleID in Internet recovery.

If you do not have an AppleID with a Lion purchase attached to it, you will need to get on another Mac and go to this link to purchase Lion. Apple will send you a code you can redeem in the App Store to buy Lion with your AppleID. You don't need to download Lion, just make the purchase with the code. Then go back to your machine and enter your AppleID during Internet recovery and it will let you download and install Lion.