help, please..!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by qwertya, Apr 4, 2007.

1. qwertya macrumors newbie

(does anyone wanna help this new and poor mac user)

i just got my new intel mac. by the way my english skill is not very well. i downloaded a spyware program, and i erased it. however, it show me this eror when i open my ibook. i try to erase all documents of it, but still it appears when i login. there is the picture,too. how can i annihilate it?, i dont wanna see any more :(.. thank you for everything.. :)

(i'm sorry, is this right place to put this topic...)

[​IMG]

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do a search in Spotlight (the top right icon) for Spy or SpyAlert and drag all associated files to the trash. Then check your Login Items in System Preferences (under the Accounts pane) as well as the StartupItems folder on your System Library for dodgy looking items that might relate to this alert. :)

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

The easiest way to find files associated with a program is by typing the program name into spotlight (upper right corner). Software can install extra files in any number of places (like windows) So a program could create a folder in you documents folder, put a preference in usr/yourname/library/ or in Mac HD/Library or even in the system library.

This will get rid of the pref file that causes that pop-up. Most likely the file will be in you home folders library.

Also, if you place you problem in the topic more people might be able to find it and responded.

4. qwertya thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you sooo much for answers.. (but)

i already did these ways, but still same.
    that is why, i asked that this stupid thing is there all the time.
    i erased all spyalert files, even spy, alert, etc on spotlight (harddisk files, system files, all over the place)....
    i dont know what can i do more..
    i really confiused, i checked many sites still i couldnt find the answer..

thank you so much, guys for these tips though:) ... however, it is still there :confused:

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it's not in your StartupItems folders (there's one in the Library and one in the System Library), then it really shouldn't be coming up. Are you sure you've checked both of these folders? :)

6. qwertya thread starter macrumors newbie

i know, what you mean. and also, i know how to use computer well, like which file is which's one. i checked both libraries even university's public labrary, too. :):) but it is not there. this is something strange. i have no idea. if you want you can donwload your computer, too. then you will understand my problem.. no no just kidding but i dont know how to solve this small problem. i think i should send email to this company about their dear eror. also thank you mad jew.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, sorry mate, I didn't think I was getting through. If you create a new user account in System Preferences, does the dialogue box pop up when you log into that new account too?

8. NJuul macrumors 6502

If you run the installer again, doesn't it have an uninstall option?

9. scotty588 macrumors 6502

10. qwertya thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for helping guys, i downloaded a few torrents (my countriy's movies) anyways, it already made my ibook slow, and also this eror, make me crayz,,,, i m gonna format it, tonight..

i wanna open new clear page in my ibook life :p

again, thak you guysss :)

11. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

if the problems persists do a fresh reinstall....torrents seems to eat up system resources