Help, Please.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Kyle Maurer, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Kyle Maurer macrumors newbie

I have attempted to Jailbreak my iPod Touch (8GB).

I got to the part where you type in your IP, it timed out and I got stuck with a 300MB iPod, I than put it into restore mode, holding the sleep/power button thing.

I go into iTunes, click restore, download the file than, It gives me an error saying it can't restore my iPod, Error (-50).

Do any of you know a way to restore it, I have reinstalled iTunes, reboot, etc..

Do you have a solution?, or Know what error 50 is?

2. Girlpatcher macrumors newbie

Same here!

I have exactly the same problem! But the reason I wanted to restore my ipod was because of when after I´ve replaced all the files to summerboard files, when I did that, I could get any applications to work!:confused: Then I shut i off, and now I can´t start it, it´s stuck with the Apple logo. But I have contact with the computer, (itunes, ws_fpt)
    I cant get it to work and I cant restore it!:mad:

HELP!

3. JonJParr macrumors newbie

You need to do a 'forced' restore - here's how...

1. Firstly, you must have the iPod Touch plugged into your computer while doing this.

2. To start, press and hold the home and sleep/wake button, the power off option will appear but ignore it. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button but keep holding the home button.

3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can let go of the home button now).

4. Open iTunes and it should recognize your iPod Touch, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in again.

5. Restore your iPod Touch by clicking the "Restore" button on iTunes.

4. Girlpatcher macrumors newbie

Thanks!! It worked. :)