Help please

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Doodlebug0, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Doodlebug0 macrumors newbie

I feel like I have no brains. I am having trouble copying and pasting. Specifically, I want to copy the code on Playlist.com and paste it to my page on Sodahead.com. I know all about ctrl - C, ctrl - V, I even bought a rt and left click mouse. I highlight the appropriate code, go to Edit or rt. click mouse to copy. When I move the cursor to where I want to paste it, the paste is no longer an option because it brings the Sodahead page to the front. I've been able to add pictures and text to the site, (questions and answers) and I've 'added media' to my profile. But to save my life I can't get my playlist to paste on my profile page. Has anyone who has a MacBook had the same problem or am I the only 'dense' one of the bunch.:confused::confused:

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Try Cmd+C and Cmd+V ...

3. agurlnamedgoo macrumors member

Yeah... on apple most things that used to be done with control are now done with the apple key (command).
    Also... you can right click using control click. Actual control, not apple key. lol

4. email68 macrumors regular

Also, before you can paste you have to click in a field that can accept the paste before it will show up in the menu or work via cmd-v.

5. Doodlebug0 thread starter macrumors newbie

Help Me

Thanks for the replies, all of you. It's just so frustrating because I've been able to copy and paste everything I've wanted to from one page to another
    (pictures and text) but trying to paste code from playlist has me stumped. I have playlist window on the desktop and Profile page from Sodahead page on deskrop I use the code from playlist, highlight it, copy (which makes this the page in front) and then put cursor on profile page where I was my playlist to paste, which brings sodahead page to front and I no longer have the option to paste. I know it can be done, but it sure has escaped me. I really wish I had my PowerBook G4 back again. I'm not happy with this MacBook--not because of copy/paste but other complaints. Thanks again, I'll keep working on it.:(