Help PLease

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hjscm, Feb 15, 2009.

1. hjscm macrumors newbie

Okay i have been having problems all day today. first mobile me now everything apple. For some reason i can't get safari to connect to the internet, firefox works fine, itunes store will not come up, mail doesn't connect, and when i go to mobile me in settings i get invalid user name or password. i know they are right cause i logged in through my pc and control panel fine. i made another account on my computer and same thing happens. what can i do? Apple TV won't stream either cause i guess i can't get to the itunes store

2. JtheLemur macrumors 6502

I had a similar problem a while back, where all Apple-provided apps refused to acknowledge my net connection. Don't remember exactly what I did to fix, but pretty sure it involved re-applying an OS X update.

So, head over here and grab the 10.5.6 Combo Updater:

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Mac_OS_X_10-5-6_Combo_Update

Install, reboot, and hopefully that'll do the trick.

3. hjscm thread starter macrumors newbie

That is exactly it. i am heading over there and getting that update and hopefully that works.

thanks

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I can't remember downloading this combo update...:confused:

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

You probably used Software Update instaead of manually downloading it

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I think you're correct, but when I searched the forums for the combo updater, some were saying that you might have permission problems that would require the combo updater, wow! Learned something new...:eek:

7. hjscm thread starter macrumors newbie

Well downloaded the combo and installed. still no apple apps can connect to the internet. this sucks. well hopefully someone else has some other ideas while i sleep. see ya in the morning and thanks again.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sorry about that, I'll keep researching this evening. :(

9. hjscm thread starter macrumors newbie

10. hjscm thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay i figured it out. for some reason my network named was changed to something called house. still connected to my wireless and everything else worked except my apple apps. everything looked exactly the same just didn't notice the name until now. i checked al proxies and everything. so i deleted the name and made a new automatic location. thanks for the replies, drove me nuts all day. no idea how it got changed. i never go in there.

11. hjscm thread starter macrumors newbie

Well thought that was the answer. worked for about 5 hours than all of the sudden my internet went down again. this time all apps. made a new location and back up for a while. funny thin is that i am using a TC and dhcp. range is 10.0.1.2-50 my MBP ip would say 169.154. something and i would renew lease and get same ip and it would work on the internet for a while. there is no wireless around me and even says i am connected to my TC. this was very strange. i zipped up my folder that had my locations and settings in it, deleted the folder and restarted to create a new one. seems so work so far.