Help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mjohnson405, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mjohnson405 macrumors newbie

for the last 24hrs safari locks up when I try to look @ my gmail. Anybody have any tips?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

This thread is better suited in the Mac Applications sub-forum.
    A more descriptive thread title would also work for your benefits.

Also stating more facts about your machine and system might help identifying the problem better.

What Mac and Mac OS X version do you have, also what Safari version are you running?
    Did a restart help?
    Did you repair permissions via Disk Utility?
    Does another browser work with Gmail?
    Does it only happen in Gmail?

3. mjohnson405 thread starter macrumors newbie

more details

I have a Mac os x version 10.5.8 I am running safari version 4.0.3 I have no problem checking my hotmail or surfing or even on my google home page it's just when I go to check my gmail it locks up and I get "the pin wheel" and have to force quit. I am going to try using firefox to check it and I'll see what happens.

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Have you tried clearing Safari's cache? This may be a problem with corrupted cache and not the browser or the site themselves.

With browser issues:
    Always check to see if other websites are problematic.
    If they are, then it's probably your router, firewall, or connection to the outside that needs to be fixed.
    IF it's not, and it's site specific, check to see if another browser can access it. 9 times out of 10, if it can, it's a cache issue.

5. mjohnson405 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you every body

there was a new update for safari so.... after loading it I am able to check gmail again. Not sure what the problem was... maybe downloading a new version cleared the cache or maybe it was a problem with safari, I don't know enough about operating systems to know what is what but... @ any rate "thank you every body for your help!