Help Please...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TwiztidElegance, Feb 25, 2010.

1. TwiztidElegance macrumors newbie

I accidentally spilled some milk onto my iPod screen earlier, the milk was over the Home button and I wiped the entire iPod down with a tissue. And I had no problems with that. I was able to listen to it for a while to see if there was any problems and there wasn't none. And so I locked the screen by tapping the On/Off screen to let it rest. An hour later, I am unable to turn it on. I even see some white specks within the screen monitor, I even try to hold down the Home and On/Off buttons down for 5-10 second's and it still won't turn on.

2. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm sorry to tell you, but I think you're screwed.

The best thing to do after you spill liquid onto an electronic device is to shut it off, dry it off, and put in on top of uncooked rice in a sealed container for 2-3 days (the rice pulls the liquid out of the iPod). This is what I would suggest if you spilled water on it.

Unfortunately with milk, there is proteins and fats and sugars, and all that stuff, along with the liquid, doesn't play well with electronics.

Hopefully it dries out in a couple of days and everything will be fine, but that's doubtful.

You're probably going to have to buy a new one.....

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

I'm sorry to tell you again, but you're screwed X2. :eek::(

it's permanent damage.:(

Sorry again.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

The #1 mistake after spilling liquid onto your laptop/iPod/iPhone/etc is to power it on.

I'd say that 99% of people make that mistake.

There should be a sticker on each new device's screen with a warning not to power the device on after liquid is spilled on it......