help please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bamafever09, Jun 27, 2010.

1. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

is the modem firmware 05.13.04 jalbreakable and un lockable? Im trying to sell my 3gs and im not sure and the buyer wants to know. Thanks guys.

2. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

The buyer should do his own research and come to his own conclusion. If you tell him "yes" and he doesn't follow the procedure properly and screws up his phone, he's going to try to blame you. Either you jailbreak and sell him a jailbroken iPhone, or tell him all the information (bootrom) and let him discover the answer for himself.

3. bamafever09 thread starter macrumors regular

bamafever09

yea i know. He just told me he wants me to do it. I am on ios4 with that modem firmware. Ive been reading and i know ios4 can be jailbroken, but i cant find anything om the modem firmware. The buyer says it cant and before i tell him hes right or wrong i just wanted to find out for sure. Thanks

4. Cinemagic macrumors 6502

The current Pwnage jailbreak requires an already jailbroken iPhone at 3.1.2 (not broken with Spirit). If you have SHSH hashes with Cydia, then downgrading is easy. If you do not have SHSH with Cydia, then your out of luck until a new jailbreak comes out. I haven't dome anything with Redsnow, so I can't comment about that break.