Help, Please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gpo1956, Jul 9, 2010.

1. gpo1956 macrumors member

I am very sorry to ask for help on this, but I've gotten so confused that I am at my wits end. I have read and re-read all the threads on this and I am completely lost now. I have a 3GS originaly on 3.1.3. I jailbroke it with Spirit about 4 weeks ago and my SHSH was saved to Cydia. Everything was fine until I downloaded Soundhound form the App Store. It basically froze everything.
    After messing with it a while, I just went ahead and upgraded to iOS4. I lost my MMS, voice mail and cellular data. I did a restore and activated as a new phone and got back my MMS and vioice mail, but still no cellular data and Good won't download completely. Can I downgrade back to 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak? If not, can I just downgrade back to 3.1.3? This is killing me! I really need simple, detailed instructions on how to do this if at all possible. I've got 3.1.3 downloaded on my desktop and I tried to downgrade last night, but it stayed in recovery mode and I couldn't get blackrain, redsn0w or iRecovery to download and get me out. Please help!

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If, as you say, you have your 3.1.3 SHSH on file, you can downgrade to 3.1.3 using Saurik's method. You can then re-jailbreak using Spirit.

3. gpo1956 thread starter macrumors member

Friday afternoon I was finally able to get it downgraded back to 3.1.3 and re-jailbroken. Everything is good to go. Thanks for your help! Couldn't have made it through without it.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Glad you are back - I tried the same method you did w/ the exact same specs and now I'm stuck on 4.0 w/o SHSH on file :)

Nonetheless, glad you have it up and running.