Help PLEASEE!!! (Sim card issue)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adzzy786, Nov 6, 2010.

1. adzzy786 macrumors newbie

Hi Every One! First Post :)

Anyway, I Bought an Iphone4 from a shop yesterday, It has been used, but in good condition, So I bought it. I put my 02 sim card in the phone, and it worked, but when i came home, I restored the phone back to factory settings put the sim card in and connected to itunes, and now it says the Sim Card is not supported. How do i find out what network the iphone4 is on? Im stuck..Any help pleaseeeeee

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. adzzy786 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. CZK, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

My guess is:

1.You bought a phone that was in an opened box
    2. It was jailbroken and unlocked on 4.x.x
    3.You restored and updated it on the newest baseband
    4.You are royally ****ed- Its now locked to XXX carrier (call apple with your serial number, they might be able tell you)

[​IMG]

Ps; Restoring it without shsh and using a official 4.1 .ipsw was a total noob move.
    ________
    Vapor lounge

5. adzzy786 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol.. Well I dont really know to be honest. As far as i was aware it was fully legitamate, i dont really know about the jailbreak buisness, I was not aware it was jail broken or anything. So what if they refuse? Then what shall i do? Also what shall i tell them?

6. CZK, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

CZK macrumors 6502a

You should make sure that your O2 sim card really does not work.

What kind of ''shop'' this is .... seems suspicious. I don't know any shop that sells used iphones 4.

If its a pawnshop they wont do anything.

And if you don't know anything about jailbreak and unlock you can't see if its the case there....
    ________
    Lincoln Futura

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

As far as I'm aware, all of the UK operators will unlock iPhones so you shouldn't have any problems with having it done officially.

8. adzzy786, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010

adzzy786 thread starter macrumors newbie

My Sim card defo does not work.
    I dont know where your from, But in the UK, we have the Main Proper Network Shops, but also we have local phone shops where its a personal buisness.

how do i do that?

Also another question When i was checking my warrenty status of my phone. It says it expires next year july. If it has been jailbroken or what ever it is, Does that void my warrenty? Even though ive restored it?