Help Plz! Trouble updating an App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CarbonCrew, Nov 5, 2010.

1. CarbonCrew macrumors member

I don't know how many apps I'm having this issue with, but I do know that I'm having trouble with Atomic Web Browser. I'm currently using v. 3.7.1, version 3.8 is available in the iTunes Store. I get no notifications of an available update on my iPhone or iTunes. I've deleted and re-downloaded the app several times now with no success, 3.7.1 comes back each time.

Any suggestion as to how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

easiest option would be to remove the app off your phone and iTunea and then re-download from the store.... you wont be charged for the app as you have already paid for it, then sync to device

3. CarbonCrew thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I've re-downloaded through iTunes several times now and still get the old version. I'll give it a shot through my phone and report back.

4. CarbonCrew thread starter macrumors member

Fuuuu, no luck.

Deleted off phone and iTunes, Re-Downloaded through iPhone, Synced Phone and I've still got version 3.7.1.

I guess I'll give it another shot.

5. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Don't think it's a problem with your account, it's doing the same thing to me.

Possibly a problem with Atomic Web Browser, maybe they didn't change the version number when they made the update. I think the version on my iPad is 3.8, because it has the next/previous option for in page searches, but iTunes identifies it as 3.7.1

Suggest you send an email to Atomic...I will do the same.

6. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Quick reply from Atomic:

7. CarbonCrew thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the follow up. I was wondering if it was an issue on their end.