Help Plzz..importing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by justrelax, Apr 4, 2009.

1. justrelax macrumors newbie

hii all...
    i have SONY SR-12E & i'm recording with full HD (1920 X 1080) PAL...
    i tried to import the clips with alot of programs..but the best was iMovie 08.
    but i have a big problem.. after importing (importing with FULL 1920 X 1080) my videos got alot of lines, i dont know why...but if i'm importing with less than 1920 X 1080 it will be ok but the video will be small...do i need to import the video with 1920 X 1080 but without any distortion.

tnx

2. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

It would help if you could post a screen shot for diagnosis, but probably the lines you mention are interlacing lines. I've attached an example (picture 1). Does your video look like this? If so, and you're editing video destined to be viewed on your computer or friends' computers or on the web, then after editing your movie you can use the "Deinterlace source video" option when exporting from iMovie (picture 2).

Attached Files:

3. justrelax thread starter macrumors newbie

tnx 4 ur reply...

yes exactly like this...but sorry i didnt get what u said ...can u mention more plzzzz

Note:i'm using (MacBook Pro) & iMovie 08

Attached Files:

4. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

Yep, that's interlaced video. Completely normal.

Here's what wikipedia has to say about interlacing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlace.

If your video is destined for viewing on the web or on a Mac or a PC, then you should "deinterlace" your edited video. You can do this in iMovie by going to Share => Export using QuickTime => select Movie to QuickTime Movie and click Options => set Video and Sound settings, and in the Size settings check "Deinterlace Source Video" as shown in the second image in my previous post.

If your edited video is going to be burned onto a DVD, then don't deinterlace. While you're editing, you'll just have to put up with the visible interlacing if its noticeable.