Help Porting Sprint Number to Truphone for 3G iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pukey, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Pukey macrumors 6502

Pukey

Hi. I've looked for a thread on this topic and couldn't find any that specifically matched my situation. If there is another thread on this topic, please point me in the right direction.

My situation is that I'd like to get rid of my Sprint phone bills and port my phone number to Truphone. This alternative seems much cheaper and I'm not too concerned about 100% reliability. I have a Skype account, but it seems the best they can do is suggest that you set up your cell phone to forward calls to your Skype account. That doesn't work for me because it costs extra money on top of my Sprint phone bill and it defeats the purpose of getting rid of the phone. So I'm trying to find out if I can port my number to Truphone, but when I called them they said that they can't do it for the iPod Touch, only the iPhone. That doesn't seem right though since either way I'm using the same application. Has anyone successfully ported their phone number to Truphone to use with the iPod Touch?

Thanks!

2. Pukey thread starter macrumors 6502

Pukey

Any takers? Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate any helpful information.
    Thanks!