Hey, I have a Macbook Pro 13' and I wanted to transfer files to my PC so I bought a 6-to-9 pin FireWire Cable. And Uhh this is what happened: When I tried to plug the firewire cable in my Macbook Pro just suddenly turns off and I swear I could smell something smoking. I immediately removed the firewire and I tried to turn on my Macbook and its fine. Now my Macbook won't even start up but it does when I connect the AC adapter. But... when I disconnect the adapter my Macbook turns off and the adapter's light is always green even though the button on the side indicates that my battery has only 25% left. Sigh. Did I just break my Macbook's battery? Also, a couple of questions: 1. Is it possible for the cable to be faulty and thus caused it to burn out my Macbook's battery? 2. I don't have Apple care, how much would it cost Apple to give me a new battery? 3. Is this method of using FireWire even worth it? Or should I just stick with an external harddrive?