Help : Post Battery Replacement - drive not working , can't power off !

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by milesdavis100, Nov 14, 2014.

1. milesdavis100 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I had a battery replaced in my MBA …

When I picked it up and tested it - the computer would turn on, then shut off..

Apparently, they didn't test it very well or forgot to

According to the genius folk - my computer had some corruption between the file system and the hard drive [ they said it was not a hardware problem , but would likely need to erase my disk and reinstall ]

The HD is VERY full - so disk utility could not be run

She suggested I take it home and run Disk Warrior or something similar…however, that is just not possible with an external drive [ as far as I could figure out ]

I managed to make a disk image from disk utility to an external drive in recovery mode….

I then attempted to BOOT from that drive -- I got the endless grey screen :(

NOW I can't turn off the power!! I hold down the power button and it won't go off. This happened to the rep too in a different similar screen at the store -- however, turning it off works fine and worked fine in recovery mode …

I held down power for about 5 minutes at least to be sure and it doesn't help

So now -- I'm trying to let the battery run out -- but I am super confused. What did they do to it?!?!

Thank you for any help / thoughts -- MD

2. motrek macrumors 68020

If your computer worked before and doesn't work now, and the only thing that happened is that Apple did some work on it, I would demand that they return it to the state it was in before you gave it to them. Ask to see a manager, etc.

Replacing the battery does not affect your hard drive, file system, etc.