Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shannonbrooke

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
I have 4x4 photos that I want to print on 4x6 paper. I don't want the photos to stretch to 4x6, I want them to stay 4x4 and have white space on the side. I don't have a photo printer so I would need to print them at Walgreens or Walmart or something. I also don't have any fancy photo applications like Photoshop and don't want to purchase anything that expensive. Is there any way I could do this in iPhoto or a free or cheap app? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Just take your memory card in and explain what u want there is no need to waste time adding white space to the photos.

shannonbrooke

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
Just take your memory card in and explain what u want there is no need to waste time adding white space to the photos.

4x4 photos aren't common. If you can find somewhere that prints 4x4 photos, they usually charge an arm and a leg for them. Hence why I want 4x4 on 4x6 paper (4x6 is much cheaper)...or any other way to get 4x4's without paying a lot more for it.

Also, I don't have the pictures on a memory card. I have them saved on my computer. I need to upload them and get them printed that way. I tried the Walgreens, Walmart, CVS website but it seems the photos just stretched to 4x6.

Last edited:

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
4x4 photos aren't common. If you can find somewhere that prints 4x4 photos, they usually charge an arm and a leg for them. Hence why I want 4x4 on 4x6 paper (4x6 is much cheaper)...or any other way to get 4x4's without paying a lot more for it.

Also, I don't have the pictures on a memory card. I have them saved on my computer. I need to upload them and get them printed that way. I tried the Walgreens, Walmart, CVS website but it seems the photos just stretched to 4x6.
I understand what your saying and if there taken in store it's a few click to print them on 4x6 with a white boarder.

Have you tried costco

shannonbrooke

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
I understand what your saying and if there taken in store it's a few click to print them on 4x6 with a white boarder.

Have you tried costco

I see...I was hoping there was a way to do it by uploading them on the Costco, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens, etc website because I have quite a lot of them that are stored on my computer and I guess I would need to put them on a flashdrive to take them in the store which will take time. Also wanted to do it online because it costs less to do it that way and get them sent to you. I've tried all of those websites which are all very similar and maybe I'm just not doing something right. If I can do it in the in-store kiosk, why can't I do it on their websites? Thanks for your help BTW.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.