HELP Problem Updating 10.9.1 up to 10.9.5 etc

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by DougGregory, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DougGregory macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm a teacher. Our MIS department just updated my iMac lab to 10.9.5. My issue is I'm having issues updating my desktop iMac. I hung on to 10.8 because at the time I was using OSX Server and didn't want to gamble that it would work in controlling users and devices. Well, since now the MIS Dept is using their Active Directory servers, I no longer am worried about the updating my desktop OS. Another concern, I teach Video Production, using Final Cut Pro X. I am at a point of HAVING to update it to the same version as my classroom computer because I use a projector & Lanschool so I can model video editing as I teach. There's a big difference between the GUI of FCPX in Mountain Lion and Mavericks. So I used a Install Maverick USB that I had and updated mine to 10.9.1. So I figure go to the App Store and do an update to 10.9.5..... Not available.... So I figure go to apple support and find the 10.9.2-10.9.5 updates. Download them thinking all I have to do is install them.... But they are won't load... Any help and comments are welcome!

2. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

Maybe give this a try:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1760

3. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

No joy.... I can open the dmg. Clicking on the .pkg it loads a blank Install OS X Update. Which is the same thing I was getting with the other dmgs.

Attached Files:

5. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

Open the Console and run the installer again and see what error messages get posted there. Please report back what you find and maybe we can figure out what is wrong.

6. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

By console to you mean terminal? I've never used it for. Steps.

7. bobdamnit macrumors regular

No, he means Console. Spotlight will find it. (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)

8. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, found Console. Look everywhere, what are the steps for installing the combo updates via console. many thanks

9. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

The console is essentially a log of everything that happens on your system. What we want you to do is to start the installer and then see what gets posted in the console. You should be able to see the point (in the console) where you initiate the installer and then see the results (error messages) that follow this action. If you post the results back here it might help to point at what the problem is.

10. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

Here's my Console logs from trying to install Combo10.9.5. Any ideas?

11. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

There is no attachment with your posting.

12. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

13. prisstratton macrumors 6502a

prisstratton

I cannot see anything there related to the 10.9.5 update. Why don't you start from scratch by mounting the DMG (double click the combo update). This will give you a reference point to look for in the console. Then re-run the installer. When you look in the console you want to look for the following:

Attached Files:

14. DougGregory thread starter macrumors newbie

The biggest issue is the OS won't update beyond 10.9.1. So I can't update my SERVER app which won't respond either. I've tried double clicking on each of the 10.9.2 through 10.9.5 Combos. Can anyone point be in the direction of a Maverick installer 10.9.5? The one I did the update on this mac was only 10.9.1. I made it with diskmakerX. Thanks for any help.