Help! Problem with Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by anjinha, Nov 30, 2007.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Today when I went to check my e-mails Mail wouldn't load any of my messages. Then the beach ball of death appeared and I had to force quit Mail. And now that happens everytime I open Mail.

Does anyone know what's going on?
    I'm running Leopard on a C2D Macbook if that helps.

2. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

Now I remember that the problems with Mail started after I had a kernal panic. And some other apps are acting wierd as well.

What can I do? Someone help me please.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect that Mail's internal database is corrupted, somehow. If Mail was running when the kernel panic happened, I'm almost certain that this is the case. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to solve this :eek:

4. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

Yeah, it must be something like that. I said some other apps were acting wierd but now is just Mail. Anyone know how to fix it?

5. apetown macrumors newbie

Same thing here.

Mail crashes every time I try to open it. I can't even receive new mails. It used to run like a charm, until a week or so ago. Then it started crashing about five minutes after opening it. Now, it just crashes if I try to open mail.

None of the other apps act strange (except for Indesign -but the reason for that has been documented in another thread and an Adobe blog- and Hotmail not working in the new Safari -but I remember this was the case when Tiger was brand new as well-).

(I'm working on a 2x2.66 Intel MacPro.)
    (And I have Parallels installed indeed. Haven't used it in a while though.)

EDIT: After reading more posts about the same problem on the Apple forums, I realised the crashing started after the 10.5.1 upgrade.

6. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

I haven't upgraded to 10.5.1...
    Mail.app started acting wierd after I had a Kernal panic.
    Can someone please help me? I can't live without Mail.app, it's one of my favorite OSX apps.

7. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha