HELP! - Problem with my new MBPr

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by princealyy, Jan 6, 2014.

1. princealyy macrumors regular

Here is my story, I just got a new MBPr (open box) and the store did not reimage the laptop.

I am trying to figure out how to do it ... can someone explain how to do it?? I understand there is no more CD included with the laptop anymore ...

Thanks in advnace

2. princealyy thread starter macrumors regular

I just tried that method, I am not sure when I do (Apple) R and restart it, it does not have a recovery partition ... am I supposed to reformat the laptop and then do it ??

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Choose restart, and hold Command-R while it restarts.
    You will boot to the Recovery system, which is just a window with several choices. One will be Disk Utility, where you can erase the hard drive.
    Then, after erasing the hard drive, Quit Disk Utility, and continue with a reinstall of OS X. You will need to have an internet connection to do that, and the system will ask for that connection, when needed.

It's a new Mac (even if the box was opened, it's still considered a new Mac), and you can also contact AppleCare for help with your new Mac - always free for the first 90 days.
    http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

4. princealyy thread starter macrumors regular

You guys are amazing, I got it taken care of... I just could not believe the bad luck I had buying this laptop.

I went to the store in late December to buy this laptop as an open box since it was the 1799 model for 1529 as an open box. They sold the laptop from underneath me (after making me come to the store twice and not selling it to be due to the unit not being re imaged) ... turns out whoever did buy it, returned it, and i was able to buy it today, and guess what not re imaged. I still forced them to sell it to me, since I was not going to drive that far to not get it.

I hope there is nothing wrong with the unit... and whoever bought it just didn't like it for some reason ... feels great to be back in a mac...

I will still need to install Windows 7 on it for work... but that will not be an all the time thing ..