Help - problems starting my Macbook up :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tarmacadam, Nov 16, 2008.

1. tarmacadam macrumors newbie

Hi there, i wonder if one of you guys can help me out.

I installed a new hard drive 250gb scorpion into my 2gb ram 1.8ghz macbook
    and installed my tiger original hard ware, everything seemed to go fine but now my macbook won't start up at all. I can eventually get it to turn on again using my install disc but it won't start up properly by itself. Any help will be much apprieciated as i'm new to macs and want to use this as my main computer rather than my pc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might help!!!!

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Start up using the install disk and after selecting the language... from the menubar select Utilities|Disk Utility

Over here check if you can find your new Scorpio mentioned in the left white pane. If you do... then repair disk.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Did you follow this course before installing the OS?

Start up from the install DVD. When you get to the install screen, go to the Utilities menu, start up Disk Utility, select the hard drive, partition it with Partition Map Scheme: GUID Partition Table under the Options button, even if you only want one partition on the drive.

Then format it under the Erase tab using Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). Then continue to reinstall your system software from the installation disk.