HELP! Problems transfering PC itunes library from external hard drive to new imac!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by emoney26, Oct 9, 2009.

1. emoney26 macrumors newbie

I just recently purchased a 24" imac and I am having trouble transfering my itunes library files on my new imac? When its connected to the PC I can view and see the files on the external hard drive but when I connect the external hard drive to the imac and I try to add those files to the itunes library they are not visible to add? Now I have been trying to fix this issue watching youtube videos and reading all the proper steps for the past week and still nothing has helped..... I'm new to this so if you guys could please help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading my post.

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Weird indeed. Can you tell me what the disk it's format is. (go to "disk utilities" in "help programs". don't know whether it's called help programs, you could also press "command" "space" and type disk utilities in). See what format it is.

Mac os X can't write NTFS natively, but it should read it just fine. So it's a little bit weird.

3. emoney26 thread starter macrumors newbie

the format reads: MS-DOS (FAT32)

its a Western Digital (My Passport) 500gb external hard drive, I don't know if that helps at all..... and I've used up only 57gb of it.......I just cant figure out why I can see them on the PC but when I connect it to the iMac i can't see them to add them? is that a format problem?........ thanks for the feedback.