Help!! Problems with MBP... so slow & freeze up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nhpl, Sep 18, 2011.

1. nhpl macrumors newbie

Hi,

I bought my 1st MBP 17'' a few months ago. I updated it with OS X Lion.
    But my internet runs slow, and sometimes my mac just freeze or black out. When it happens, Idk what to do except pressing the power button.

Can anyone please help me to fix these problems? Thank you!!!

2. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

we're gonna need more information than that...

what software do you run all the time? what is typically running when it freezes? what year is your MBP? any non-stock specs? how long does it take to boot up? are you on 10.7.1 yet?

3. nhpl thread starter macrumors newbie

My MBP is 2011 processor 2.2GHz, 4gb 1333 MHz DDR3 memory, and on 10.7.1.

I just surf the web or listen to music on iTunes most of the time when it freezes. It takes less than a minute to boot up.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Hmm same spec as yours and I have no problem.
    Do you get the beach ball?
    If so get more RAM.

Not sure about internet though.
    Many people claim poor quality of internet on MBP but I never had that problem

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Way to buy too much computer for your needs! I wish I had that kind of disposable income :D

Your symptoms could be due to a plethora of stuff. If living in the US and near the Apple store, I suggest you head over there to make use of your 1 year warranty.

Frequent lockups and crashes probably indicated a bad hard drive, I suggest you do a full backup if you don't already have one, in case it completely craps out.

Cheers!

6. nhpl thread starter macrumors newbie

@yusukeaoki: what is beach ball? I don't need more RAM, I don't have much in my mac. About internet, I don't know if it's cuz I ask too much for a mac or its just my internet sucks!

@snaky69: yeah, I know I don't need this much of a mac, but its my 1st & I don't usually spend my $$, so kinda just go a little overboard.

What they gonna do to my MBP when I take it to the apple store? I hardly store anything in this mac. Maybe cuz I let it on for too long (over night) ? Idk...

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

This isn't a windows computer, mine goes powered on for weeks on end, in fact it's been on for the last 6 days and a half as we speak.

What they're going to do to your MBP? Fix it, of course?

8. bigjobby macrumors 65816