Help!! Problems with new Aperture & iPhoto library

nealeholl

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
I just updated Aperture (3.3) and iPhoto. When I launched Aperture, it told me to quit, and open my Aperture library in iPhoto. I did this, and it went through 9 stages of updating the Library. All looked ok, so i quit iPhoto and opened Aperture. However Aperture wouldn't let me open the Aperture library - it told me to go to iPhoto and update the Library there (like I just did!).
I went back to iPhoto, only to find that "the iPhoto library is locked, on a locked disk etc...".

Any ideas?

I have rebuilt disk permissions. I have tried Alt-Option when opening iPhoto to rebuild the library (same message appears). Now I'm stumped :confused:

macspacey

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Restart

This happened to me the other day. Did exactly what you did with no luck. Restarted the computer and all was good - just had to specify which library to use.

stoneage

macrumors regular
Me too. I can't open iPhoto. It tries to upgrade the library, gets to step 3 0f 9 and doesn't proceed, and ends up quitting after a while. Aperture has a similar problem after I updated to 3.3.1. It just won't open. Using Lightroom until this mess is figured out. I checked with Disk Utility and everything seems fine. Maybe the OS (10.7.4) is corrupted. Tried reinstalling Aperture and iPhoto with no luck.

Attachments

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
After pulling down the updates I opened Aperture and it converted just fine. Told me I could open iPhone libraries now and proceeded to open and operate as usual.

Sorry, wish I could provide some useful information.