Help, pros only

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dr Lu 2010, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Dr Lu 2010 macrumors member

So, I had to restore my phone unexpectedly because it froze (stuck on apple logo) for 2+hours. But because i recently reformatted my computer to install win 7 there was not a backup of the phone.

My question is: how do i get all the apps back that were tied into my itunes account. I logged in, and it shows all the apps from purchase history thats in my itunes account. How do i get all of those to sync to my phone. Do i have to contact itunes about this, because i do not want to pay twice for the same app. And some apps i downloaded when they were free, now charge money. When i click the apps tab when i sync my phone to the pc, there are NO apps displayed at all. And yes i authorized the pc..and have been trying to figure it out for the past couple of hours.

Please help! thank you so much

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sorry Im not a pro :D
    But you can redownload all the apps you already purchased for free.
    Even if when you bought them they were free and now they're not.
    Just print out the list and log in to the same itunes account and get them again. You wont be charged again. You can download them as many times as you want.

3. Dr Lu 2010 thread starter macrumors member

thank you for the quick response!

I'll try..but i was really hoping of an easier way..since i have over 50 apps..wish they could just sync it all..rather then me searching each and every one to d/l

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The other easier way is if the apps where still on your iphone you could plug to itunes and select transfer purchases.
    But since you restored and also reformated your computer everything is gone.
    Only option is do download them again one by one.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I'm not sure but I think you can call Apple Support and they can make your iTunes account redownload all your Apps. If you can do this make sure you have your iPhone off at the time and use the computer to download everything. Or it'll crash your iPhone.