Help Publishing A Book

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gatepc, Sep 26, 2010.

1. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Alright so I am helping one of my friends publish a book. I plan on publishing it to Amazon using Createspace and later releasing an e-book version ( not worrying about that right now ). Now one of the problems I am having is converting the some 200 individual poems that are in RTF format into a PDF file that is 5x8 in size at 300 dpi. I can't find an easy way to do this. Anyone have any suggestions? I created the cover in photoshop CS5 which was easy enough but am I going to have to copy and paste each one into photoshop and have to adjust the text etc? if so thats going to be a huge pain. Does anyone have any experience with Createspace or selling books on Amazon? Also how do you get your book noticed? Also any other tips on publishing online would be great. Again this is not my book i am just helping publish it and of course I have full permission to do so.

2. gatepc thread starter macrumors 6502

gatepc

Alright since no one else is answering just for future users whom might search for the same answers as I, I present a program that I have found to be of great service for what I have been trying to do. The name of the program is Scribus and it is extremely helpful for having to create pdf files for book publishers.