Help! pulling my hair...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by nivvva, Aug 5, 2009.

1. nivvva macrumors newbie

I have searched everywhere for it, or at least so it seems.

I have a bluetooth headset (Philips SHB7100) that supports 4 different profiles for bluetooth, and the A2DP is one of them. (see http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/Philips_SHB7100_SwitchStream_BlueTooth_Headset-p-787.html)

and I have version 3.0 for the iphone software.

I have paired the two. it works fine for phone calls, even for the recorder application...

but for music --- Nada. nothing I do seems to work. I tried turning bluetooth off and on again, turning off the iphone, turning off the bluetooth...

the funny thing is that the bluetooth pauses the music when I click the play/phone button in the center. so I can remotely pause/play music but it just won't travel to the headset.

I have looked around a bit and didnt find people with my problem - those who had something similar usually had headphones that did not support this profile or already paired the iphone with something else...

Please help if you know anything about it. its the main reason I bought this headset in the first place (well before I realised Iphone did not support audio in the previous version).

Thanks in advance

Me :)confused::confused::confused:)

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Settings --> General --> Home --> iPod controls (ON)

Settings --> General --> Auto-Lock (Never)

Go to your iPod, play a song.
    Push the Home button.
    Push the Phone button as if you were about to make a call.
    Select Voicemail.
    Double click the Home button to control the iPod.

At least that's what I've heard of.